Monday, April 30, 2012

Movies


I love watching movies. I could sit around for hours and just watch movies. I do not watch any TV really, except for The Voice, because I do not have time and just do not have the patience to watch TV sometimes. I like every type of movie. I am a sucker for romantic comedies and love stories, typical girl stereotype I know. But I like comedies because I love to laugh, while sometimes I like to watch war movies or action films. Some of my favorite movies include The Notebook, Mean Girls, The Patriot, Troy, Braveheart, Pride and Prejudice, The Hangover, Tommy Boy, The Godfather Triology, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Stepbrothers, 21 Jump Street, and many more including the classic Disney films such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc. Horror films are not my thing though. I will occasionally be in the mood for a good scary movie but I am such a baby and get scared at the littlest things. One movie that I especially like that is supposed to be a horror film is Psycho by Alfred Hitchcock. It is more of a mystery which makes it more exciting to watch because I tried to figure out who the killer was. According to Filmsite Movie Review, “Alfred Hitchcock's powerful, complex psychological thriller, Psycho (1960) is the ‘mother’ of all modern horror suspense films - it single-handedly ushered in an era of inferior screen 'slashers' with blood-letting and graphic, shocking killings.” (http://www.filmsite.org/psyc.html) . This film lead to other horror films such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween , which are also considered classics. Overall, I could sit and watch movies all day everyday and be perfectly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment