Monday, April 30, 2012

Embarrassing story


I am going to decide to end this blog on a funny note, or at least I hope you think it is funny. I am going to tell you a story about one of my most embarrassing moments that I have ever had. I worked at Panera Bread last year the last half of my senior year of high school. We have a drive-thru at the one that I worked out and I was operating the drive-thru with another kid but I was taking the orders while he made the food because he did not know how to take orders. Well this one guy ordered a Panini but it was taking a while to grill so I asked him to pull around and park in the parking lot and I would bring the sandwich out to him. The Panini was ready so I walked his meal out to him while I had my head set on incase the kid I was working with needed me really fast. I gave the customer his Panini and looked back towards the restaurant and there was a very long line for the drive-thru since I was not there to take orders. I start running towards the door of Panera in order to start taking orders so I am really hustling and I am almost sprinting by the time I get to the door. Well…..I thought the door was a ‘push’ door so I am almost sprinting and brace myself to just open the door by pushing it, but the door was actually a ‘pull.’ I body slammed into the glass door and my head set and  hat that I was wearing got all messed up and I looked like a mess. I think fixed my hat and head set and walked in to Panera and everyone in the restaurant was staring at me. I was so embarrassed so I started laughing hysterically, which is supposedly a good way to cope with an embarrassing moment (http://www.ehow.com/how_2384452_get-over-embarrassing-moment.html). Everyone has embarrassing moments so you just must always look on the bright side of it, which I like to say is the funny side because then you can laugh about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment