Monday, April 30, 2012

Growing up :(


I never took it seriously when my parents said to cherish my childhood. As a child I always wanted to be older and tried to act older because I though teenagers and twenty year olds were so cool. I imagined myself being tall with luscious hair and having curves but none of those really happened. I am 5’4 and get mistaken for being 16 on occasion when I am really 19. (I guess when I’m older I will appreciate that but for now I do not.) Growing up is depressing. It is nice to have more freedom to make your own decisions but making important decisions comes hand in hand with more responsibility. I miss being a kid. I miss coming home to my mom asking if I want a snack, or coming home after field hockey practice and plopping down on the comfiest couch in the world that is in my basement. I miss those days when I did not have to worry about a job or making money and saving it. I miss seeing my best friends from home every day like I did in high school, seeing them on breaks is not enough. Don’t get me wrong I love Virginia Tech, but I miss not having so much responsibility. High school was hard but not as difficult as college. I took rigorous courses in high school but I was more disciplined then versus now. I also did not have to study for days and hours and hours for tests like I have to in college. One of the causes of failure in college according to the University of Alabama is that the student does not understand the amount of work that is required (http://www.ctl.ua.edu/ctlstudyaids/studyskillsflyers/generaltips/causesoffailure.htm). Growing up is a necessity in life but if I could I would go back to being a kid sometimes. I am looking forward to what the future beholds and what my life is going to turn out being like.

No comments:

Post a Comment